1. Answer the questions.
2. Tag at least two people.
3. Have fun, and make the answers as short or as long as you like!
1. When did you discover you enjoyed writing?
When I was in school, I guess. English class was sort of a stress relief for me, since I get to read and write in class. It wasn't until I decided to start writing for myself, rather than for class, that I truly realized how fun it was.
2. What are your strengths in writing?
Hm. I guess my strengths include the ability to think out of the box when it comes to new stories, and coming up with slightly different ideas for my stories. And I'm good in writing dialogue.
3. What are your weaknesses in writing?
I don't have any weaknesses, I'm perfect.
Okay, just kidding. From the comments I've received, it seems I have a problem with inconsistent tenses, also, my stories can be a bit cliche from time to time. I'm also trying to get rid of my tendency of using cliffhangers to end a story, it felt like a cheap cop-out.
4. What is your favourite genre to write in?
Hm. Right now, it's horror. I'm trying to figure out how to write like one, and maybe deliver some really good scares instead of a cheap feeling of apprehension or dread. Sometimes when I'm really emotional I'd write a slice-of-life piece.
5. Do you consider yourself a good writer?
No, not really. There are better writers than me out there. I'm getting there.
6. Do you like to let a lot of people in real life read your work?
No, I haven't shown any of my writings to my friends and family just yet.
7. How often do you write?
Not enough. The last thing I wrote was published on September 8, which is almost four weeks now. It seems my work is rather sporadic lately, due to work and inability to come up with anything new.
8. Who are your favourite authors and why?
Oh yeah. H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Harry Turtledove, Kurt Vonnegut, and Neil Gaiman mostly. Of course I've read the classics, but I usually actively search out titles by these guys.
9. Do you have any OC's? If so, describe your favourite ones.
Used to have my own OCs but I sort of quit writing about them. It's embarrassing to look at them now.
10. Do you write fan-fiction? If so, for which fandoms?
Nah, I don't.
11. Do you prefer writing by hand or typing?
Typing. It's faster and easier, not to mention that my handwriting's atrocious.
12. Are you a huge critic when it comes to writing?
Well, on my own or other people's writing?
I'd say I'm my own critic, but I tend to be incredibly permissive towards other people's stories, but I have my limits. If I read a really crap story I'll just leave it and don't bother criticizing at all.
13. What format do you like to write in the most? (Prose, short story, vignette, poetry, etc.)
Short stories. My concentration can only last that long. I'm considering writing a novel, but I don't have the time, resources or attention to do it.
14. Who do you tag?